Here are some great gift ideas and holiday projects to inspire your handmade, quilted or patchworked holidays! As for me, I’m working on a simple baby quilt and some quilted Christmas placemats- I’ll have to get back to you on the photos though as I’m still getting organized from our move.
- Elizabeth Hartman from Oh, Fransson! has some amazing tutorials for quilted/patchworked gifts!
- Check out Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts‘ adorable Christmas quilt top
- I love Sophia’s Recycled Fabric Ball Ornament Tutorial (posted on the Make Something Day blog)
- Sew, Mama, Sew! always showcases some amazing tutorials and projects, such as these Quilted Patchwork Hot Pads, which would look great paired with this Patchwork Kitchen Towel Pattern.
- I love the quilted french press cover that Stacy Leigh made for her husband!
- And if this were a contest (which it’s not, unfortunately!), I would pick as the winner my mom, who is an extremely talented quilter and seamstress, and who put together a few cute quilted gifts recently.
- And for reference: Here’s a cool collection of quilt block patterns.
Make sure you didn’t miss out on the rest of the Holidays by Hand carnival! Next week Ann from Vintage Mommy and One Bag Nation will wrap it all up with food gifts! Thanks to all those who participated and who have been reading along! For a schedule overview, click here.
- Sewing at Simple Mom
- Papercrafts at Small Notebook
- Ribbons & Embroidery at Almost Frugal
- Knitting at One of Three