Katie on Simple Organic recently asked about green beauty routines because she’s looking for some new ideas. I admit, I need some new ideas, for makeup, too. I’ve yet to find the perfect (natural) mineral makeup.
So, this is my current green beauty routine, as well as things that I hope to add/change in the future.
- I wash my body with a handmade or natural bar soap.
- I use coconut oil as body lotion (or occasionally Shikai Children’s Borage Lotion- 3 on Skin Deep). I’m hoping to switch to a MadeOn hard lotion bar (should be arriving in the mail next week!) as I’ve heard fabulous things about these.
- I use Trader Joe’s mango shave cream (paraben-free). My hubby uses it for his face, too.
- For sunscreen we use California Baby no fragrance SPF 30 (1 on Skin Deep), and Zinka for nose/lips when surfing.
- When I wash my face at night (I don’t wear much makeup in the summer so I get lazy about face-washing this time of year) I use the oil-cleansing method; in the shower I use Dr. Bronner’s soap (right now we have the hemp citrus version- 1 on skin deep).
- I’m using up an Avalon Organics face moisturizer but sometimes use coconut oil. I plan to switch completely to cocount oil or a hard lotion bar.
- I use California Baby Calming or Super Sensitive Shampoo and Conditioner (both a 1 on Skin Deep).
- For hair frizzies I use a dab of coconut oil or jojoba oil.
- I haven’t colored my hair since I got married (7 years ago!).
- Mascara & Eyeliner: Honey Bee Gardens (3 and 1, respectively on Skin Deep)
- No-Miss Nail Polish
- Burt’s Bee’s chapstick (2 on skin deep)
- Deodorant: Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal (0 on Skin Deep)
I’d love to hear what you do in the comments! Be sure to check out all the comments over at Katie’s post, too!