I love Fridays. We’ve finally gotten in the habit of grocery shopping every Friday morning; sometimes we walk and today was one of those days. It was perfect coastal walking weather. In the afternoon it was homeschooling, cleanup, a bit of downtime, creative time, and then dinner prep, where an experimental dish turned out delicious and we had lovely friends over and enjoyed our newly redone patio for a backyard dinner, which is pretty much my favorite thing ever.
Here are my 10 on 10 photos, along with the tasty dinner recipe. I’ve been playing along with 10 on 10 for a while now, and it’s been such a treat lately to be connecting more with its sweet founder Rebekah on Instagram. She recently got a makeover by Oana as well and I love the new look of her blog!
dessert was Healthy Chocolate PB fudge– soooo good! so easy!
sweet friends holding hands!!
Creamy curry chicken & kale (paleo/gaps-friendly)
- half a bunch of kale
- half a large onion
- 3 patty pat squash or 1-2 small squashes
- around 2-3 pounds of chicken thighs (2 packages from TJ’s is what I used)
- 1/2 cup mayo (I get homemade from my food co-op)
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- curry powder to your liking
- 1/4 cup organic half ‘n’half
- olive oil
- garlic, salt & pepper, paprika
1. Slice onions & squash and wash/dry and rip up kale.
2. Toss veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic to taste in a 13 x9 pan. Add some paprika too!
3. Lay chicken out on top.
4. Whisk or stir together mayo, sour cream, curry powder and half’n’half to your desired consistency.
5. Spoon over chicken. Add a bit more paprika– I took this photo before that, but you can imagine how pretty it looked. Cover with foil and roast in preheated oven (450*) for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until done and nice and bubbly. I don’t have a photo of the final product but we all loved it. Yum!!