10 on 10: February 2014

by gidget on February 10, 2014

in family life,life is beautiful

Another month, another ten on ten! Gigi and I got some time together this morning (thanks to Yaya for babysitting!) as we went to an open house of our local Classical Conversations community. We are getting excited about registering for next year.

It wasn’t a day without hard moments, some of us still a bit under the weather, some of us not liking it when we don’t get our way, some of us wanting Daddy (Hallee is in a major daddy phase, it is more prominent on Mondays).

Today is also a special day- the birthday of a dear friend of mine, tragically gone home to Jesus seven and half years ago. Gigi carries her name, Brianne, as a middle name, and I carry the memories of our friendship in my heart.

Just another beautiful day of ordinary moments.

10 on 10 feb2014-1

Plenty of Legos.

10 on 10 feb2014-2

Never enough reading time.

10 on 10 feb2014-3

A favorite happy corner of my kitchen.

10 on 10 feb2014-4

Shells & succulents bring a little summer to a winter’s day.

10 on 10 feb2014-5

Sunshine makes me happy. So does fun handmade art from my bro/sis.

10 on 10 feb2014-6

How can she look so grown-up here? (Watching the recorded Olympic Opening Ceremonies).

10 on 10 feb2014-7

Tea, tea, and more tea, for our scratchy throats.

10 on 10 feb2014-8

My calm in the storm of girlish emotions is this guy.

10 on 10 feb2014-9

The perfect amount of handmade-ness (no coercing required) in these awesomesauce valentines (you’re welcome, moms, for the candy-free treat!) that we made together.

10 on 10 feb2014-10

Family Wii night means Hallee entertains us all with her wildly funny “speed slice” action and I wow the crowd with my Olympic-inspired ski jumping.

Visit the other beautiful moments over at Rebekah’s blog.
ten on ten button

stacy bostrom February 11, 2014 at 8:32 am

glad you joined in!!!
great shots :)

gidget February 12, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, Stacy, that means a lot coming from you! <3

Breanne February 11, 2014 at 9:02 am

So, so lovely, Nicole! I love the picture of Gigi with her tea and crossed legs, so cute. And what a special way to remember your friend- we share a name just a different spelling.
Breanne recently posted..Ten on Ten: February 2014 Edition

gidget February 12, 2014 at 2:27 pm

That was one of my favorite shots- she looked so grown up!!
And I always think of her when I see your name pop up, just one more reason I love you (hopefully it’s not weird to say that since we’ve never actually MET!). :)

Breanne February 12, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Not at all weird, I feel the same way! And keep dreaming about a real-life conversation, San Diego sounds like heaven this time of year. ;-)
Breanne recently posted..6/52

molly February 11, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Hiya! I kept wanting to double tap & comment on each photo, I loved them so much!! Does Alexander sell that Hello Sunshine sign? I love that red spoon! Do you remember where you got it? Gigi does look so grown up! I’m regularly blown away by how big my girls seem; isn’t it completely nuts?! Those Valentine’s look too cute. We have family Wii nights too :) I’m so glad you always do these 10 photos each month; it’s my favorite! Big hugs to each of you!! I hope you’re all feeling better xo

Joyce March 8, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Happy belated birthday to your friend Brianne, and hugs to you. :)

Super awesome(sauce)Valentines! We will make those next year.

And yay for CC!! This is our 3rd year and we are loving it!

And also, we have the RV Lego set…and many others. Any organization tips? :p